Skip to Content

Creative Computing 2011 - Storytelling strategies

« Creative Computing 2011
2 replies [Last post]
Karen Brennan

Now that we're moving into more open-ended building time, here's a list of resources/strategies that you might find helpful for developing your project:

• Scratch cards: Build up some Scratch skills with the Scratch cards, a set of twelve Scratch code excerpts that introduce everything from basic animation techniques to keyboard control to keeping score. If print isn't your medium, check out the video tutorials.
  • Story Time projects handouts: Check out the Story Time project-making activities, which include instructions for building different types of stories (a slideshow, a dialogue, and a multi-scene story). Try creating one or more of the projects.
  • Workshop sample projects: Check out this curated collection of digital stories created by young people on the Scratch website. Download the projects and see how they were made.
  • Explore the sample projects that come with Scratch (File -> Open -> Examples).
  • Browse the Scratch website and find a project that you like. Download the project and play with it.

I hope that gets you started. If there's anything you need, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Sincerely,
Karen, on behalf of the Creative Computing organizing team

Replies
Lorraine Leo

I've enjoyed reading the comments from the Creative Computing Workshop 2011.  Sometimes groups of students will work on Scratch projects that they want to connect with other student projects.  There are some examples of this on the Clutter link http://clutter.scratch.mit.edu/

Ron Geason

Thanks, this something I can use.