Skip to Content

Hour of Code 2014

« Events
18 replies [Last post]
Janet Cook
We will be participating in this in December as we did last year. Will you be providing new tutorials? All of our students used the Scratch holiday tutorial last year and will probably want something different for this year.
Replies
Janet Cook
Where is the scrat tutorial?
Janet Cook
Found him in the last five slides of the HoC basic tutorial that starts out with Angry Birds.
Janet Cook
My kids are testing them out and enjoying them.  They propose adding pandas to the animal sprites.  :-)  I showed them how to import or draw their own, but pandas are popular if you want to add them to the list.
Natalie Rusk
That's helpful to hear that they were looking for pandas in the animal sprites. We'll put them on the new sprites wishlist! 
Nancy Morales
Hola! estoy traduciendo el tutorial #Scratch del juego pong de la #HourofCode 2014. Si alguien desea colaborar por favor escribirme a moralesn@gmail.com 
Soy de Argentina y enseño a programar en primaria. La traduccion está lista pero las capturas de pantalla faltan...pronto compartiré.
Saludos! 

Hi! I am translating the tutorial of the game Pong hour of code 2014. If someone wants to collaborate please email me at moralesn@gmail.com
I'm from Argentina and I teach programming in elementary school. The translation is ready but the screenshots are missing ... soon I will share.
Regards, 
@nancito 
Claudia Urrea
I completed all the translation of the Pong Game. I will be working on the images. Let me know if you have done any progress with those. 

Claudia
Adriano Parracciani
to whom is looking for ideas, here is a Scratch studio with a compilation of projects to be used during HOC sessions. 

HOC Scratch Studio

There are projects to be completed and debugging projects. When a project is complted you can also use it as starting point for a new version, adding activities and/or sprites

Hope they are useful 

Karen Henchy
Thanks for sharing such a wonderful resource. 
Hakan Atas
I want to translate these tutorials in my Language.(Turkish) Is it possible ? if so how?
Natalie Rusk
Yes, you can translate the tutorials using http://translate.scratch.mit.edu 

You will need to search for the tutorial phrases. You can ask any questions about the translation at translate@scratch.mit.edu

Thanks!
Stacey Roshan
Love the addition of the Pong tutorial! This is super!
Stacey
Natalie Rusk
Glad to hear you like the pong tutorial! 

http://scratch.mit.edu/hoc2014

Karen Brennan
And here's the page with the two new tutorials...
 http://scratch.mit.edu/hoc2014/
Karen Henchy
Thank you Karen for sharing this! Very helpful!

Janet Cook
Janet Cook
Counting down...only four weeks left.
Coach Newton Antoniuk
Great news, thanx Karen, team.
Karen Brennan
Hi Janet,

Members of the MIT Scratch Team are planning to prepare some additional tutorials for the Hour of Code event. We'll make sure that they get announced here on ScratchEd when they're ready!

Sincerely,
K