Skip to Content

ScratchMIT2016 Will you attend? Where do you stay?

« News and Announcements
1 reply [Last post]
Joek van Montfort
When I attended ScratchMIT2012 I never would have thought that only four years later a would attend for a fifth time. But I am, and I'm looking forward to reconnect with fine people I met before, and prepared to enjoy totally unexpected things with people I've never met before ...

It's a pity we can't stay at MIT Dorms this year (at least I found no refernece to the option). Cambridge / Boston hotels are heavy priced so I followed the suggestion of Derek Breen to book with a youth hostel  Six nights (August 1-7) are much cheaper than a single night at the Kendall Marriot. You may get what you pay for, but I think it can be good company if some more of us stay there.

Please use the comments to share your travel plans, we may find some slots for bonus fun and learning.

Replies
Saskia Leggett
Hi Joek,

Thanks for getting this conversation started! We're looking forward to seeing you at your fifth conference - wow!

Unfortunately, MIT was unable to offer us dorm rooms this year. However, we were able to book dorms at Northeastern University (about a 30 minute commute / 2.0 miles away from the Media Lab on public transportation). Dorms are available on a first come, first served basis.

If anyone would like to inquire about booking a dorm room, please email conference@scratch.mit.edu with the following info:
  • Your name
  • Your guest(s) names (if applicable)
  • Dorm type and number of rooms requested

Dorm types are below:
Fully Private Single - $114 / person per night
Semi-private single - $74 / person per night
Semi-private double - $58 / person per night 

Thanks!