Skip to Content

Reflections on NYC Scratch Educator Meetup: Wednesday, May 23, 2012

« Scratch Educator Meetups
3 replies [Last post]
ScratchEd Team
Administrator

Thanks to everyone who joined us for the May 2012 NYC Scratch Educator Meetup! A special thanks to our friends at Education Development Center (EDC)/Center for Children and Technology(CCT) for all of their generous support!

Here is a recap and some reflections from the event:

Attendees
Below is a list of the attendees:

To connect with people you met, click on a name above to leave a message on their profile page.

Recap

• Speed Dating - In order to help participants meet new people, Michelle facilitated a speed dating activity at the beginning of the meetup.
  • Show & Share - In this informal version of Show & Tell, attendees made short presentations of Scratch projects, student work, lesson plans, or other Scratch-related work, followed by feedback and discussion.

Show & Share

Upcoming Dates and Events

Replies
Sean Justice

Sounds like a terrific event! Wish I'd known and I would have been there. (I've got to update my email settings....argh....)

Karen Brennan

And here's a link to the Show & Tell presentation about design journals that I mentioned (it's Eleanor Cerny's presentation): http://scratched.media.mit.edu/resources/scratch-educator-show-tell-videos-creative-computing-reunion-2012

Tracy Rudzitis

Thanks so much for the wonderful opportunity to get together!